Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Jordanian Flat, Round 2

These pictures are long overdue, so I'll do a pictorial breakdown for shiggles. I've been living in a quiet, historically significant neighborhood called Jabal Weibdeh with a French teacher named Anael.

That's "Baby Angel" in Gaelic. Awwww.

I live on a hill just above the busy downtown area of Amman called Wast Al-Balad (Or Downtown Center in Arabic).

Isn't it just darling? The schools are great, and there's hardly any white people!

This is where the Friday Bazaar usually is. That is an experience in and of itself, post pending.

So, I went from this:

Messy.
To this:

What an upgrade!

The amenities are enough to make the Sultan of Brunei jealous.

Exhibit A:

Yes, that is a stereo embedded into OUR COUCH!

Exhibit B:

And a stereo embedded into my roommate's headboard! What kind of kinky harem is this?

Exhibit C:

I mean, are there even words?

Exhibit D:

Guess whose room this is?

There is one negative to this apartment though.

Call the exterminator.

I've been learning to cope.

Through thinly-veiled aggressive hatred, mostly.

And that's my place! Come and visit!

1 comment:

Sandy Guttman said...

WHEN CAN I CRASH ON YOUR STEREO COUCH?!?! / PLAY WITH THAT WEIRD DIRTYU LOOKING CAT-THING??

this might be the best blog post ever. or maybe i need to read through your archives...

i will give you photo lessons if you give me comedy lessons.